A mola from my collection, because Kelly likes to see them once in a while. And the muffin recipe that several of you asked for last week.
* * * * * * *
Apricot Almond Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup (one stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup diced dried apricots (I prefer Sun-Maid California sun-dried apricots. I use the full bag.)
- 1/3 cup sliced natural almonds
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Stir until well blended. Add diced apricots, stir, set aside.
3. In separate bowl, whisk together buttermilk, melted butter, egg and vanilla. Add the liquid ingredients all at once and fold until evenly moistened. Don't overmix! (The key to perfect muffins!)
4. Divide the batter evenly among a dozen prepared muffin cups. (Butter or line with paper muffin liners.) Sprinkle the almonds evenly on the tops. Bake until tops are golden and a toothpick inserted in the centers comes out clean. (20-22 minutes.)
5. Cool on a wire rack before removing from pan. Yield: 12 muffins.