It was a really busy weekend here and, despite my best efforts, today slipped away without much progress (on any fronts). I did finish another Buttonhole Bag. Mixed results.
I made this one several rows deeper than the first and ended up changing that tweedy section to a solid color. After one wash, it looked great except for a slight crease so common after the spin cycle. I shaped it, spritzing with water and smoothing over rolled washcloths for final drying and then, not being able to leave well enough alone, decided to put it through one more wash to lessen the definition of the stitches just a bit more.
Hmpph...excessive shrinkage. A scant 7” x 10”…smaller than the original bag!! On the bright side, it is STURDY. I love the weight of the resulting fabric. Since it’s coincidentally made in Be*mused colors, I may keep this one for myself. I could use a little tote for my odd tools of the trade (small sharp scissors, tape measure, pencil, notebook) that I seem to be constantly hunting down as I move from project to project, room to room.